View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would say it peaked at 2-3 months.

Then the flare ups of tingling, numbness and other issues started happening further apart.

Strange thing is I haven't had the wrist, tendon or prickly sensation under the skin for a few months now and a few days ago I had another flare.... at 16 months out.

I would honestly save your money and time and skip the neuro. I went to one of the best ones here in Austin. She was the head of the Neurologist Organization in Texas and was supposedly well published/reviewed.

If it's going to be anything like my visit you will be looked at like someone that is
a hypochondriac. Even when I printed out the list of side effects of the vaccine for my neuro she kept repeating that the vaccine is not the cause. She never told me to my face but per her notes that I could see on my online portal she dx'd me with ulnar nerve entrapment and a medical term for subconscious hyperventelation/panic. I had an EMG test which was negative for any slowing. It really raised my frustration level. Doctors must be indoctrinated that vaccines can cause no harm.

I ended up not going back to my Neuro and going to an orthopedic Dr. Due to my severe lower back pain. She was sympathetic and shared her experience with a prior patient and immune response that was similar. The MRI taken months after PT showed arthritic inflamation in my lower back.

Knowing what I know now my $.02 is to save your money and ride it out. Unless you are having severe weakness in one area or severe vision issues I would monitor. One of the side effects was "temporal relation to Multiple Sclerosis" which has some of the side effects... Tingling and nerve pain. However our symptoms move around and are on both sides of the body. Ugh that reminds me of my Neuro... When I read that part of the side effects and looked up at her she said "well Multiple Sclerosis is common so given the population Of people taking the vaccine." F$&; You!

Take loads of Vitamin D3 and B12, excercise and eat healthy whole foods.

Keep positive that you will be back to 99% normal at some point. I slid into the only depressive episde I have ever had in my 36 years on this earth. every day a new symptom... I felt like my body was falling apart and the pain and numbness would lead me to a wheelchair or some terminal diagnosis. I isolated myself from friends for months. It was hell.

I still have lingering effects from time to time but I am far from the hell I was in over a year ago. My depression lifted after a few months when
I got breaks from the flares or episodes.

Hope this helps... Feel free to ask any specific questions if you want or PM me.

Keep your chin up... It will get better.
ATX_Man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (10-26-2014), battyinthemountains (09-29-2020), hopeful (10-23-2014), Kitt (10-23-2014), mrsD (10-23-2014), Prince227 (04-14-2021)