View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My favorite two pairs of shoes are my ballet flats, in gold so they match everything and look adorable and class it up, also with rubber soles, and my flip flops. I actually paid $25 for the flip flops and that was their sale price. They are rather fancy with gel padding, thick soles and thick, soft, durable straps. I've been shopping for years for a pair of winter shoes but can't find a pair. My left foot, ankle and leg swell so it's really awkward trying to find shoes that fit both feet, especially when I want something that will keep snow from falling in. I do own one pair of sneakers. I don't wear them particularly often because shoes hurt, but sometimes I need something sturdy enough to support my feet more than the other shoes and to protect me more and so I have these. They do lace really loosely and can tie without much pain on my left foot so it isn't so bad. They are the single pair of sneakers I've tried on in 5 years that I've felt comfortable enough in to buy. My husband balked at the $70 tag but they were a well respected brand and I knew they would last many years so I told him to suck it up. I still lament all my shoes. I owned dozens of pairs of high heels. (not exaggerating at all either) I owned more shoes than clothes I think.

I didn't think of this til now, but I should consider going back to corsets. I used to wear them all the time. It probably sounds stupid to someone who has never worn one, or never worn a properly fitted one. But a corset, when properly fitted, isn't painful or restrictive at all. As a matter of fact, it is the single most comfortable piece of clothing I've ever owned. I think it could be an option if I go with strapless ones. Of course, they are extremely expensive also.

Celiac DX Dec 2012; over 30 years symptoms to DX
CRPS DX March 2014; 5 years, 1 month from first symptom to DX
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote