View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Purely left handed typing is dreadfully slow, but I managed to write some up about the doctor visit, doing a few lines at a time here and there. Thanks for the hugs! My wrist is a little better... still hurting tons but the swelling is down somewhat, yay! But last night I tried to lean over the bed to grab a paper, and I got stuck head down, feet in the air, between my bookshelf and bed (so picture me being lifted out of that position- sure hurt!)... I am really hurting myself lately, and am blessed that I haven't broke anything... just in loads of pain from doing these stupid things! argh! So things are going rough!!

On the MS:
Good thought, Artist... Though my doctor doesn't want to do anything yet until I see the rheumatologist, though (which is in less than 2 weeks). I *am* hoping that if this IS MS than the rheumatologist can spot that, if I give him my "list of symptoms"... guess we'll have to look through what is/ isn't the RSD (some things that are happening aren't necessarily in the "official list of symptoms of RSD", but I have heard of them happening in people with RSD), it is just so hard to tell!

Good find on the article. I learned quite a bit from it. The hearing thingy that keeps happening to me really feels MSish (ok not a real word, lol ), though I have heard of that, too, happening in RSDers.

I asked a question on the MS forum already, but will visit in more soon.

Molly- thanks for telling me about the headaches and all. I passed that info on to a friend of mine who has RSD and migraines too.

Ok, about the doctor visit... He wanted to see me because he needed to talk about all the medicines, he said that the passing out very well could be from the pain (it isn't something he hears everyday, but it is possible... different people have different pain tolerances, and RSD pain is the WORST form of chronic pain in the world, so...), and he said the muscle locking up thing is something to talk to the neurologist about as well as the passing out. So I really need to speed through time and get to my July neurologist appointment (which I guess isn't that far away) if I think about it! I think the neurologist is going to give me more help as far as what is happening, where the pain management doctor is trying to help with pain, not necessarily the movement/ passing out that he isn't real experienced in.

Blocks: next Wednesday I get my next one, and he (and I!!) hopes the block will last longer next time (but will discuss that with the doctor who does my block next week- maybe putting a longer lasting anesthetic in me), he said that he wants the block to last longer so that it can reset the nervous system like intended and it is hard to do that in only 2 hours, though that gives hope that blocks have/ will work!!

Molly (or anyone that knows about this)- I have trouble swallowing sometimes (almost like the food/ drink gets stuck in my throat half way down), do you think this is MS (read that somewhere) or could it be that my reflexes are messed up from the RSD??

New thing that popped up is: I go to the bathroom and it takes a while for it to "happen", it is not that I feel I need to go and nothing comes out, it is just taking forever to go though I need to. Is this a muscle thing happening, something to my kidneys or what?!

Another question (will ask it here, but try starting a new thread so others will notice it): can you have a movement disorder that only affects you when you try to use your muscles (like walking)? Can you have one that affects you though your reflexes are fine? Doctors have yet to dx me with a movement disorder, because of my reflexes appearing fine. But yet, when I try to relax my muscles (like in bed) my legs/ arms/ body thrusts itself a bit... lil' confused on all of this because though I have researched lots on RSD I haven't read up on too much about movement disorders.

Thanks for all the support, hugs, prayers and help! Love you all!

Last edited by Jomar; 06-18-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: requested
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote