Thread: AC
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 08:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hido View Post
I have a question I just filed an appeal with the Appeals Council in August 2014, if I'm able to work and make about $800 a month will that affect my case negatively? if you have any information regarding this situation please let me know thanks.
There is not a yes or no answer to this question. What do your medical records show? Are you feeling better now than when you applied? If the employer offered you more hours for the job, would you be able to do it? Do you get extra help doing the job? Do you produce less than other workers with the same job title and same pay? Do you have any impairment related work expenses that you have to pay to work that a non-disabled person would not have to pay to work? Have you shown that you can sustain this work over three or six or twelve months?

In the end, if you can work enough to support yourself, you should because you will have more money. It is also possible that SSA could decide that you have a closed period of disability that ends with when you returned to work. Or that you are using a trial work period.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote