View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Lucy Mitchell

Lucy Mitchell

Red face Hashimoto living in pure hell... HELP!!??

Hello, I'm new so please bear with me, just kind of wanted to be able to communicate & Converse with others that have this disease... And how it affects your every day life... Is it just me or can anyone out there tell me if they experience what seems to be flareups with this Hashimoto disease? When I first got sick over 12yrs. ago, I new something was definitely wrong and something was going on internally with my body, I would have these little episodes of days of total fatigue, & feelings of flu like symptoms... Back when I was still able to work I had been a certified medication aid, so I was somewhat familiar with lupus symptoms due to working with a few of my little patients that suffered from it, I was a medication aid for 18 yrs. so I've worked around patients with lots of different sorts of health issues therefore knowing a little bit about lupus,I knew that Lupus has what the medical team refers to as flareups, well these so-called flareups were starting to happen to me, I thought tonight self oh my gosh cut I have lupus? After being tested for it on three separate occasions, I was told it was definitely not a lupus, after that, I was very relieved that it wasn't, but I knew my body, and I knew that something just was not right with me, so I set out on a relentless mission to find out just why I keep having all these crazy symptoms. Then the "GOOD DAYS" & the totally "DEBILITATING DAYS" well after yrs. of my own investigational work and seeing Dr. after Dr. to no avail with the diagnosis... I finally have been 100% confirmed with the diagnosis of Hashimoto thyroiditis, so, I'm just wondering does anyone else out there experience flareups with their Hashimoto disorder? Also wondering if it has totally disrupted your every day life, and even on medication for thyroiditis my life is still terribly so disrupted by this disease that I am almost home bound... Does this sound familiar to anyone out there? If so, please help, any comments would be greatly appreciated thank you, respectfully, Lucy
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote