View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Lucy,

My sister-in-law and her daughter (my niece) have Hashimoto. They do suffer with fatigue to some degree even on medication but neither have ever mentioned to me any type of "flare-ups" with it. Maybe your medication needs to be adjusted. I know my sister-in-law is very compliant with her medication but my niece is not as regimented and has times when she has more effects of her condition because of missing her meds on occasion. They are both periodically checked (blood work) to see if things are going OK.

Both work and never miss a beat. Live full, productive lives. Absolutely no lack of abilities whatsoever. The fatigue issue is very mild,... except with my niece and I think that is because she burns the candle at both ends. Typical for someone in their twenties. I think her fatigue stems from her lifestyle, not her Hashimoto.

Sorry I do not know more about the condition or able to offer any more information. How long ago were you diagnosed and how long since your last blood work?

Maybe some one here will be able to provide you with a better response. Wishing you the best.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote