Thread: SEP/NC Report?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Daniella - what does it mean?

Since I've had more like tests than I can recall. I only get the sense from your relating of the main points. that you DO have nerve damage, it's symmetrical, and it's definitely 'normal damage' on the right, more abnormal, but still damage on the left.

These types of tests do NOT show nor can they 'report' [B]inflammation/B] they merely report a slowing or speeding of signals from the nerve to the brain...and back. That they show damage is a good sign that may ultimately point to the sorts of treatments you get. It's definitely NOT in your head...However, there's that little qualifier of "These findings should be clinically correlated." I guess that plain out means More Tests!?!

Maybe that explains the constant blood tests...something is going on-but it's not consistent? I do know that prior to my diagnosis [thru the nerve conduction studies and spinal] the only things consistent in my tests were a 'little' bit of inflammation activity in the blood work and a rapid progression of the pain and numbness ...marching from the extremeties to the trunk of my body. I was lucky in that it was, once a doctor actually looked an almost classic presentation of an auto-immune neuropathy.

As for being bedridden for so long! Ask for, possibly demand, that a home therapist help you get up and about safely at home...do exercises that safely build up your overal strength so you can go OUT safely and not get the set-backs of over-exertion. For every day out of action-you can lose approximately 3 day's worth of set-back...It takes three days to regain one day's inactivity. That means work, of a specialized nature, but one that is gentle, persistent and SLOW. I do hope this helps! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote