View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have cervcial, thoracic, and lumbar problems...I sleep on about four pillows propped up ...I have asthma too so being in a sitting up position is a breathing issue for me as well...I have two really soft pillows that I can squish into almost any position and I use those to cushion around my head, but it is very difficult to get comfortable. I have an even more difficult time because I just had the lumbar fusion so laying flat on my back sometimes hurts..but the hips hurt too...so you just have to hope the pain meds knock you out for a few hours...

As for MRI's ...Look at my signature...I am fused 360 or around the world as someone so nicely put it...in both the lumbar and cervical spine...Cervical spine has the plate in the front with screws and rods and screws in the back...The lumbar is fused with cages in the front and screws in the back with rods...I go into the MRI machine without any problems ...Since my last fusion in April I have had a cervical MRI and a brain MRI without any problems and they were able to get good pictures....So you should be able to get an MRI...You aren't getting out of it that easy...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote