View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneczka View Post
Thanks. My GP ordered another test and was mentioning B12 shots, because, according to her, B12 pills don't work. Maybe she is not aware of the different B12 forms. At least she is aware of the damage B12 deficiency may cause. I will start taking methylcobalamin anyway immediately after the blood test and I'm very curious about my current B12 levels.

Great. Give it some time. I bet your levels will rise. My last level was 2000. Who knew about these things. I had to come to these forums to learn what I now know to be true.

And here's a good one for you. Years ago, I was at the podiatrists office. I usually get Dr. B. That day, Dr. B was not available so Dr. S took over. He was doing my husband's feet and I mentioned to him that I take Methyl B-12 every morning for my neuropathy which became un-symptomatic. The doctor looked at me and said "Melody, I would NEVER prescribe B-12 for anyone unless they were severely anemic". I looked at him and said "Oh Really", then I began to slowly and carefully and POLITELY explain what Methyl B-12 does for people with diabetic neuropathy and people with deficiencies in B-12.

He looked at me and said' "That's a lot of nonsense". I said nothing

Exactly one year later, Alan and I are at Dr. B's and we are sitting in his office and Dr. S pops in and says "Hi there, can you tell me all you know about Methyl B-12 and neuropathy, because I just got diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy"

A doctor asked ME about B-12. Of course I gave him what I knew.

Hah!!!! that's all I have to say

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aneczka (10-25-2014), Marie33 (10-25-2014)