Thread: Where To Go...
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 11:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just got an update call from my Grandma. She said he was released today (OMG) and is awaiting trial on the 20th. He has admitted to a drug problem (which is like a miracle since it's unheard of in his case) and has requested inpatient rehab following his jail sentencing. Whether or not he stays with that is his problem, I told her not to tell me anything else unless he stuck to that and is in rehab.

It's one of those moments you'd rather remember someone by.

He has admitted his problem, but he still has to accept it and then he has to set goals to solve it. Until then, I'm keeping my distance.

Apparently the jails are overcrowded, and even though we all know his actual temper, his charges are considered non-violent. My Grandma will be going before the grand jury and promised me she'd request his full sentence be served in an inpatient rehabilitation facility (in the event jails are still full, which I'm sure they will be).

I know they have one great rehab center in Cincinnati, I used to volunteer a lot when I was younger. I even worked on the R.O.P.E.S. program which was an amazing experience. I know he can get help because I've seen it happen. I'm not a doctor or anything, but this is what I'd like to see.

Some sort of Detox, they don't have rapid detox in Ohio (I actually looked for it for my mom some years ago when her idiot doctor had her on so much oxycontin and oxycodone she was high all of the time - and addicted). He'd also need some strict training, something to teach him respect, morals, etc. Boot camp! Hah. He also needs therapy (the more loving kind) as well as anger management. I think he has some issues with stealing things, so if something can cover that, too it would be amazing. He will also need some form of 'how to be a grown up' class. Adult career training?

He needs a lot, but if 'the system' can do good for once - we can all hope for the best, but still not expect it. It will take a lot of hard work on his part, and I hope he's strong enough to stick through it for his good and for the good of his daughter. She is so in love with him. The sight of his face and she lights up and screams "OH DADDY I MEEEEES YEW". If he were clean and stable, I'd actually say she'd be better off with him. I think she is what keeps him alive sometimes, either that or he is a cat.

Anyway, that's what I know for now.

On a good note, I got a birthday card from my dad which is the second card I've gotten from him in my life. I'm very excited. I actually still have the Christmas card he got me still sitting out.

Me? Need therapy? Hahah. Maybe I just like Christmas

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote