View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 10:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Wink Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em68 View Post
Hi I am looking for anyone that has a SCS implant. I went through the surgery 19 days ago and would like to talk to someone who has been through it too.
Hi Em68
I had my SCS implanted 6 years ago. It covers by lower back and leg. I have Failed back syndrome (4 sickness and more) and the SCS has given me back some of my life back. I know we don't suffer the same diseases but pain release is pain release, and same goes for a SCS.
Can't say it takes away all the pain, but on a good day manages 50-65%, plus meds. However I can say that I cut my meds in half since I got the implant.
I don't know how your SCS was implanted, I have my battery on my hip and the cable for the electrodes is implanted in the middle of my back. Unfortunately this has caused new pain in the middle section of my back, but if I don't over do it, it is manageable. At first I thought I would have it removed because of this additional pain, but the benefits of walking straight without a cane outweighed this new pain.
Because of the installation and the fact that my sickness are continuing to degenerate I am restricted a lot with exercising, major cleaning, etc. Some days I can't do much, but that's not because of the SCS, but rather my body.
I sure hope they will develop the product even more for my next upgrade, scheduled in about 3 years.
I hope you get as much relief as I with your SCS. Don't be shy if you have any questions. I will quit now, seems I have rambled on...Take care,
Jolegs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote