View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 01:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng View Post
NCS/EMG's are actually quite subjective and can vary widely from doctor to doctor, the eqipment they use, nerves & muscles tested. I've had several that say "normal," but I know this is not the case as I have long fiber axonal damage in both lower extremities, left greater than right. I've decided not to have another one of these in my lifetime unless some dramatic motor nerve changes show up.

The best advice I've heard is to use the same doctor/technician if you are going to do serial testing. Too much variation otherwise. And I would trust results more from a large teaching hospital with a neurodiagnostic dept.

Thank you for your reply.

I thought the same thing about the neurodiagnostic department at the university. Unfortunately, they spent literally 7 minutes -- the technician bragged she could do in 7 mins and actually did it. I've had tests at multiple locations locally, and they all had very similar results. Thus, the confusion on what to believe.

The one thing I do know is that the symptoms are there, and unfortunately getting worse. I just don't know what's causing it and the tests were making me wonder if we should be looking in a different direction than PN. SFN, MS, etc.....
ctknoxville is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote