View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 08:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Nicotine Patch

Hello Dan,

Your sharing will be great. to be honest we are our own. I have consulted 5 neurologist when I was diagnosed of having a PD 3 years ago. and all just gave me some prescription and told me nothing more can be done.

I can not accept this. So I am willing to try as many things as available which logically fits my thinking and medical knowledge.

This group sharing can be a great support for all of us,

And by the way I am a trained surgeon. That allows me to study many things and apply in my daily life.

I invite everyone to share and lets make commitment to make our life work for us.

Dan : Nicotine patch should give some improvement after few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I started the Nicotine Patch on 10/19/14. I am at the 3.5mg level. I have had PD for 7yrs. I am currently on 25-100 Sinemet every 2hrs. I would like to start a dialogue with others on my progress as it relates to the Nicotine Patch. I will be following the schedule as indicated by the French Neurosurgeon on Neurotalk. Are there others that would like to share their experiences throughout the progress of using the Nicotine Patch.
So far my only symptom change during the brief time I have been on it is severe nasua. I did eat red meat (a no-no) and experienced severe shaking the following day so I shall heed the warning in the future on not eating red meat while on the patch. I promise to limit my shared experiences to the facts and not waste your time if you chose to maintain a dialogue.
mypata is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote