View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 03:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
KOM,

A couple things for you to consider.

Get some soft chenille stretch gloves and try to sleep with them. I did this very successfully years ago. The soft feeling made my hands feel super comfortable so my hands could relax.

Consider your head and neck posture. The low C (C-4 to C-6) and high T (T-1 and T-2) all are involved with nerves to the arms and hands. I would use a vibrating massager against those vertebra to help them settle into place. Sort of a mild chiro massage. It helped.

I had to learn to not sleep on my side where I would lay on my arm. I put a pillow under my knees so I could be more comfortable on my back. It helped me not turn over in my sleep. I would sleep with my hands laying on my belly. I learned this first because I had to wear CTS splints on my hands and wrists at night. I was trying to avoid Carpal Tunnel Surgery. The numbness was so bad that the doctor really wanted to due CTS surgery right away. But, with these techniques, I have been able to avoid it for 25 years.

When I woke up, I would wash and massage my hands and wrists in warm water. This stimulated blood flow to the area and helped.

I know a lot of my symptoms emanate from my upper back, lower neck, so being disciplined with posture has helped.

Hope you can find some help with this.

My best to you.
Thanks for the advice Mark! I am going to try some gloves, I do notice it can be worse if I sleep on my side or I am extra tense. I seem to clench my fists really tightly when I sleep, probably the stress which is lessening now as life is starting to adjust to my new normal.
KnockedOutMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote