View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,
Ok, I did order a rubber exercise ball, like in the picture that Jo*mar posted.
It was $25 from Amazon. I should get it tomorrow.

Are you sure wall push-ups are ok? I thought those would strengthen/tighten the pectoralis minor? Any kind of pushing exercises, actually, I thought would be not recommended?

I did look at the selfcare4rsi page, but her book costs $97. There's no preview or anything, so I don't know if it's worth it. $97 is a lot of money for me. I would gladly pay it to ease my TOS, but that website looks....not very professional.

I understand the concept of botox injections, paralyzing the muscle, preventing it from tightening around the brachial plexus. Is that a new treatment? Is it controversial? Do you think most doctors would know of it?

There is so much information in here it's a bit overwhelming. I have an appointment to start PT, but not until December.
You are right about the quality of PTs or chiropractors mattering a whole lot. I went to a chiropractic teaching college pretty much the whole year of 2013, and had no improvement. I didn't have any insurance, so I had to go to the free student clinic. The students were sort of on to the fact that I had symptoms of TOS, but they just didn't have enough knowledge. I have medicare/medicaid now so it makes finding a PT easier.
paperbag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote