View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 06:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl1n View Post
Hey Lisa,
Neuros can be such fun. Some are just university qualified @##$^*%^ in my opinion. 'We have a degree, we know your body better than you, we've fixed the problem, so its nothing we've done. It must be YOU!!'. This is why I've been going thru alternatives that I can do, differing ways I can manage. The other thing they came out with was that my pain was stress related, past stress, present stress AND future stress. Work stress and relationship stress were another couple.My actual surgeon asked me if I planned on suing him, which I have no plans on doing. In my view if they didn't operate, I'd be dead. The rebound effect is real and I know it, this is why I modify my medication intake, so my body doesn't become normalised to the meds. The last genius I went to see told me I was addicted to the pain meds and the rebound was why I am having pain. I know quite a bit about addiction and know the difference between head pain and rebound from experience, not a book, Good luck in finding a decent neurologist, one who will actually listen, they can be very difficult to find.

As I said previously pain is a very individual thing. I think the best advice is to 'be aware but not alarmed' I regularly get different pains. At first the wife would jump at each pain, now I wait to see what happens, if it increases then act, but not every pain needs instant attention.

I most definitely understand you finding it difficult to obtain people who may know or be in a similar situation. I too have found this a big dilemma. Lots of information on hydro, but very little specific. A large amount of info for children and hydro, but little for adults and little of specific pain.

Please do stay in contact let us know how Dean gets on after the treatment I've found sharing of experience to be very cathartic both in my own experiences and that of others. I'm often going "...PHEW, I'm not the only one..." This may sound selfish, but when you feel isolated by illness that understanding counts for HEAPS.

Merl1n
hey merlin~ thanks for reply. 1 1/2 more weeks for botox. we cant wait. hope it helps!! neurologist was cool this time, if botox don't help wash u may have a research group using magnets he can get into. hope you are doing well. your in our thoughts and prayers. thanks for listening and being a great influence on us.
Lisa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote