View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello and Welcome

There is a DC in Chicago who has a specific TOS protocol and claims to have had great success with his txs. His name is James (I think) STOXEN. If I were in your area, I would beat a path to his door! The man is very knowledgable about TOS.

Use the forum search function (see the top right section of the page) to pull up posts and threads about this guy. One has a link to a video presentation he gave, which contains a lot of info about this theories and practices in txing TOS patients. Mind you, he is not the greatest public speaker I've ever heard, but the content of his presentation is very interesting.

You may not need a PT if you do go to Dr. Stoxen, as he uses many modalities that a good TOS PT would employ. If you decide to stick with PT, though, be aware that you'll really need to find one who is very experienced with TOS. The "normal" PT approach of "no pain, no gain" - we call it "shake & bake" PT - not only won't work for a TOSer, it can be very harmful. TOS-savvy PTs can be difficult to locate, but they're out there.

Start reading through some of the links Jo has provided for you. Knowledge is power! And please keep an open mind with respect to nonsurgical, noninvasive TOS remedies. Don't get your heart or mind set on having TOS surgery before you have explored more options and done the work. Surgery can leave you worse off than you were before. It's risky on multiple levels, and is not a "cure," by any means. You'd still have to do extensive and specialized PT post-operatively, if a good recovery is in your sights. Many of us develop breathing and stretching programs to do at home after we've gotten what we could out of PT. It's a lifelong thang!

Dr. Stoxen has successfully txed hundreds of TOSers, and not one of them has required TOS surgery to-date. Check him out for us, will you? No hidden agenda here, but I know that several of us would be very interested in following your progress with this guy. If you have good results, well be prepared for a lot of out-of-town house guests (JK!).

Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing, OK? If you have questions or concerns as you go along, please don't hesitate to ask! We are here to help.

Hope you are feeling better.

Alison

Last edited by Sea Pines 50; 10-27-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: OCD (haha)
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote