View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pained View Post
Has anyone tried the Calmare Therapy for facial nerve pain....caused by a dentist? I have been told that the original injury has to be healed and what Calmare does is tell the brain to stop thinking there is pain. My nerve was chemically burned and the injury has never healed (never will). It seems that telling the brain to stop thinking there is pain won't do any good since the nerve is still likely transmitting pain signals.

There are adverse event reports on the FDA site where people got worse. That is my biggest concern especially since facial pain is an off label use for this machine.

I had been exchanging emails with a doctor who is the most experienced and he appeared to get angry when I asked about the adverse event reports and that a doctor told me not to chance it. Instead of explaining them, he wrote me off. I didn't think that I was rude with my questions to him and I expected a professional response addressing the issues I brought up??
Just an idea...if he is this rude now, you will be written off completely if things dont go well.

Good luck with your decisions.
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote