View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 11:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pained View Post
just so you know the whole story and while it may be the very rare exception, there could be negative consequences to the Calmare.

go to FDA website
search on Calmare
click on "repeat the search ..."

there are reports of people getting worse. Few patients and doctors know or take the time to report adverse effects. I assume there are others. I had such high hopes for this treatment. Now I'm afraid of it.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you are afraid of Calmare. I can only speak about my experience. Before I started, I investigated the technology and had a consultation with the MD at the practice. I knew what I wanted: an experienced MD over-seeing my care, proof of Calmare certification for him/her and all clinical staff, an opportunity to talk with a current patient, see a treatment being given (with the patient's consent), to gain an understanding of success and failure rates, risks and benefits, all costs and
billing practices.

I wanted a non-invasive treatment and neither Ketamine or SCS met this requirement. I had connected with a number of folks about the spinal cord stimulator, some had good/very good results and some had bad/very bad ones. For me, Calmare was the best choice. I was comfortable and made the decision to be away from home weeks at a time.

Once I started treatments, I could stop anytime I wanted. For the first 4-5 treatments, my pain did increase after being off the machine for the day but I knew ahead of time that could happen, along with being fatigued and I was prepared for this. The spike in pain did not last and the fatigue improved.

One last thing to offer is......I have heard stories of staff members in other practices putting the leads used to transmit the small amount of electricity used....in the same places on the body every treatment, with little conversation. That was not my experience. Each treatment was and should be so much more than this. Before any leads were placed, we discussed how I was feeling overall, how my pain was after the visit and overnight, how I slept, how my appetite was, any change in location of pain, any other health issues coming up, stress level, how things were at home, lingering questions, etc.....then we decided together where the leads would go. My Doc coordinated with my Doc back home, he also treated another medical issue that came up. While being treated, I could bond with others being treated as well. Each had horrible neuropathic pain and were getting positive results (reduction or elimination of pain). Lots of different conditions were being treated; full body RSD, Sciatica, neuropathy, trigeminal neuralgia, back pain and others.

I'm not trying to sell Calmare, just sharing in hopes it might help you and others understand a positive experience. They do happen. I'm happy to answer questions! Good luck with everything!

Deb
deb b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote