Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=snow0700;1105397]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
There are limits to extra income -
[While a disabled (nonblind) person applying for or receiving SSDI cannot earn more than $1,070 per month by working, a person collecting SSDI can have any amount of income from investments, interest, or a spouse's income.]

I guess it might depend if your Ebay sales are run as side business of some sort, but it is a traceable influx of money..

I didn't relize that I could earn 1,070.00 a month while drawing ssd. good to know. ty
While SS rules do allow you to make up to $1070 per month (the SGA or Significant Gainful Activity amount) in 2014, if you are working expect that you'll have to undergo the long form CDR. If you show a pattern of consistently making close to the SGA amount, you SS might decide you're capable of working at the SGA level, and you might lose your benefits. Also, people forget that some months might have extra pay periods and go over the SGA amount.

If you're capable of working pt or running a business pt, it might be a good idea to look into the Ticket to Work program, which will give you some additional protections. http://www.ssa.gov/work/overview.html
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (10-28-2014)