View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

I have had continued, though slowed, weight loss with the diet. Blood testing shows continued improvement in A1C, cholesterol and all the usuals.

I was passed from the Neurologist to his Nurse, which was fine. The battery of tests cam back with B12 ~800, my Magnesium numbers were high and thankfully none of the advanced testing came back showing "worse" problems.
She convinced me to try Valium for the muscle spasms, which I did for a month.

Mom's little helper did work on the spasms, but daily usage plus an unwelcome side effect of dulling my thinking further cut the experiment at one month. If they would prescribe it as needed I'd add it to the "dire need" portion of my tool box, alas the claim is for my issue it is a daily med. So it goes.

I had an EMG done earlier this month. It confirmed mild neuropathy. I think it should be referred to as neuropathy. It has taken over my life. There is nothing mild, in my mind, about it. I had pain from the test this time, which was unexpected and quite frankly, awful.

I struggle, but my support system is amazing. I've come to refer to my occassional Lyrica brain fog as "cognitive belches".

I crashed last night right after work so today is a quasi 16 hour marathon.

ALA has not shown to do much and once it runs out on to RLA I go.

My best to everyone,

Jon
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote