View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by canswicky View Post
Please if there's anyone who works part time and has had a successful CDR please reply. I hate to beg, but now I'm begging.

thanks and I hope all have a pleasant Wednesday!
Thanks ahead of time.
Canswicky
I am sure there are members who had a successful CDR while working part time and those that haven't. And their situation will not be the same as yours, even if their experience makes you feel better or worse.

And you should also remember that the point of work incentives and the Ticket To Work is to get you back into the work force and off of disability benefits, while giving you time to see if you can do it. You may be able to use the work incentives as a way of making more money, but that is not the intent of the policies.

You may want to look into Impairment Related Work Expenses that reduce the wages when comparing them to SGA amounts. Those would be expenses that you have, that a non-disabled person would not have, that allow you to be able to work - modifications to your environment that you pay for, additional medication that you pay for, etc. These are not common, but they exist.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote