Thread: Scared silly
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 09:35 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Extraction on Friday

So I went to the dentist who basically just gave me the choice of putting on the permanent crown which had already been ordered and had come in or getting the tooth pulled. I was surprised he was willing to put the crown on when he already spoke to the endodontist who said the tooth had a crack and needed to be pulled. I said, don't you agree that an infected tooth with a crack needs to be pulled and he said, well I know how you are will your fear of dental procedures! So now I have lost all confidence in him. I think he just didn't want to be stuck paying for the new crown or trying to get a refund for it from the insurance. He wrote up a referral with the order to do a bone graft so I can get the implant. He said the whole thing wouldn't take more than 30 minutes with an OS. So I still have my appointment scheduled for Friday. Meanwhile I am still sore from the partial root canal procedure from last Thursday so I am expecting to be in pretty bad shape after the tooth is pulled. I am going to ask the OS whether I can get the bone graft or whatever it is I need for the implant done an a future appointment or whether it has to be done when i get the tooth pulled. I probably will end up going with an implant if the OS thinks it will work but I want everything to settle down and recover in my mouth and sinus before I get anything else done. So I will see what he says. I am totally fearing getting a sinus perforation and having to have surgery to fix that. Meanwhile i started getting horrible diarreah (sp?) from the antibiotic plus I am having my period plus I have this sinus infection so I am in bad shape. i think I will have to stop the Amoxicillan or I will be too weak to recover from the tooth extraction. Will report back after the extraction.
MAM1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote