View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1N1Guy View Post
I have spent several hours this week watching Dr Bergman videos. He is really amazing so thanks for that. I am just wondering where to go with all of that information now.
Yes, Dr. John Bergman is amazing with his knowledge of the body, but I think he is a bit off-target about neuropathy. Here is the only video of his I found on neuropathy:

How to Decipher Neuropathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JAdAOfJYeM

He has a lot of good info, but doesn't mention genetics in any way. Now, I don't believe genetics necessarily govern our destiny, since generic expression can be controlled by many lifestyle factors, but it deserves mention. When you see neuropathy being inherited, there is very likely something going on there that is not environmental. I listened to this about three times, and and I didn't catch anything about diabetes or vitamin B-12 deficiency, two of the top causes of neuropathy, so something is amiss.

Here are some notes from the video:

He talks a bit about the cause of Parkinson's Disease and (indirectly) how he can reverse it at times.

He talks about several neurotoxins in our environment, including artificial sweeteners, aluminum hydroxide (in vaccines), flu shots, GMOs, MSG, fluoridated water, cholesterol-lowering drugs.

"Peripheral means away from the center. Neuropathy means nerve problem, that's all it means."

paraphrased: "Diagnoses are not diseases, they are descriptions of the body adapting to a deficiency or toxicity."

"Why is there an epidemic of neuropathies? It's from the vaccinations, the flu shots, the genetically modified foods, the medications, I mean literally not respecting the human body."

"If you have a neuropathy, should you be 100% organic and plant based? Yes or yes. Should you get off the cholesterol and the blood pressure, and the neurontin, and all the other medications that they pass out to deal with of the symptoms?"

"Prescription drugs, the right drug at the right time at the right dosage for the right diagnosis kills 106,000 people a year."

He is very anti-drug. I wonder if he would still be against our pain-relieving drugs if he were in constant pain.

"Nerves regenerate at about 1 mm per month."

Quote:
I don't believe this is the case, I believe it is more like 1 mm per day. Wikipedia states "Human axon growth rates can reach 2 mm/day in small nerves and 5 mm/day in large nerves." and references:

Recknor, J.B. and S.K. Mallapragada, Nerve Regeneration: Tissue Engineering Strategies, in The Biomedical Engineering Handbook: Tissue Engineering and Artificial Organs, J.D. Bronzino, Editor. 2006, Taylor & Francis: New York
"The constant stimulation of the body into the brain heals the nerve and can regenerate the tissue."

"Plants--I'm talking just asparagus, fruits, oranges, cantaloupes, fantastically good for the nervous system." He says this in relation to a Parkinson's study in Journal of Neurochemistry 2002;80:101-110, "Dietary folate deficiency and elevated homocysteine levels endanger dopaminergic neurons in models of Parkinson's disease", http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11796748

Electron
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
yupings (11-02-2014)