Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Nina,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Richards View Post
Hi all,
I'm new here and thought I'd share my story. I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy in the soles of my feet in 2009, after a lengthy battle with plantar fasciitis (I'm convinced it's related). Its a cold-burning or stinging, and its pressure-related, so less standing= less pain. My doctor was very proactive and tried me on everything she could think of before referring me, including: fluoxetine, desvenlafaxine, nortryptilline, amitryptilline, Cymbalta, Lyrica, gabapentin, and Dilantin. The neurologist did all the nerve tests and blood work, and nothing came back. I saw her for almost 2 yrs, after which she told me we tried it all, and referred me to a pain clinic. On my own, I also tried acupuncture and Vit B shots.

I spent a lot of time sitting at home because my activities were reduced and soon I noticed a similar pain on the backs of my thighs- this time like a sunburn. Again- pressure related. This comes and goes depending on how much I'm sitting. I use a compounded transdermal cream that works pretty well for my thighs, but not so much on my feet. Oh the sick irony of not being able to either sit or stand comfortably! There is no escape.

I'm young and otherwise healthy. I am on anti-depressants and they are awesome for my depression. I used to be a runner and gym rat and had to give that up. Just wondering what else I can try on my own, or drugs to suggest to my doctor?

Look forward to chatting with all of you

I have spine issues; but also deal with PN including leg pain and burning of feet. A while back; Mrs. D recommended Morton Epsom Lotion (Magnesium Sulfate). Just massage lotion lightly. It really lessens the burning pain. I purchased mine at Walgreens for $8.99. It may be worth giving this a try.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote