View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 09:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Plaquenil may help with the fatigue and sometimes joint pain related to autoimmune disease, but not nerve pain. There is some research that indicates it can slow progression of some autoimmune processes, but it's hard to prove or track this when so little is known about the progression of AI diseases to begin with. Keep in mind that it take a good 6 months or so to start working. Make sure to get a base line ophthalmologist evaluation before starting the Plaquenil and then EVERY 6-12 months after that.

I'm glad you are getting some relief with the Cymbalta.

The skin biopsy can be repeated down the road if your continue to get worse...and maybe the borderline level will have changed...allowing you to qualify for IVIG or another treatment.
I have been on Cymbalta for 3 weeks, it has helped with the neuropathy pain, in the morning and most of the day, but at night it is still painful, I am hoping that will kick in more, as time goes on. The compounding cream the neurologist prescribed me, hardly does anything for the burning pain... I am over most of the side effects of Cymbalta, but the stomach intestinals problems are solved with a antacid.
I am a cash patient, so if the Rheumy prescribes IVIG treatments I will give it a try. I realize it is pretty pricey...
Jon_sparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote