View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_sparky View Post
I went for my eye test yesterday, the Optimologist told me that the side effect of retina detachment takes 5 years to manifest, that it is accumlative. She called the 3 month test a benchmark, she has been in the field for probably close to 40 years. She said that the Rheumy's are over reacting, but a lot want a 6 month exam, to cover themselves. Anyway, passed the eye test, but still have to do the Field eye test in December, to complete it. She told me that my blurred vision was not coming from Planquil, or from any problem with my eyes, so maybe a manifestation of SLE also... I always thought the blurred vision was related to low blood sugar, but I have tested my glucose during the episode and it is normal. I also get blurred vision when I am have a allergic reaction to the new carpet in my office...
The chance of eye damage from Plaquenil is extremely rare...but it is permanent so best to be safe and have eyes checked. I do full check once a year (with field of vision) and a quick exam every 6 months...because i have been on Plaquenil for 6 years now. It is cumulative, but even after 5 years, it is rare.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote