View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 08:37 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Ryan,

The popping can be due to having had your mouth open wide for the dentist to gain access to your wisdom teeth. In some people even opening their mouth really wide for just a minute can cause some inflammation in the jaw joint while others it can occur from having dental work. Once the ligament and muscle calms down that popping should go away. But it can take weeks for that to happen as it is not possible to rest your jaw for any length of time as you use it a lot. If the popping becomes painful or worsens, then see the oral surgeon.

The red spots near the extraction site can be little ulcerations that frequently pop up within 4-10 days after dental work such as yours. They can get pretty sore and last up to 21 days. Keep rinsing with the warm salt water as this will help.

Are the gums still yellow and do you still notice yellow in your saliva?
When is your post op appointment with the surgeon?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanc View Post
I initially felt the popping for the first 2 days after extraction. It had went away up until the day i saw your response to my post. The popping is still here. I checked the extraction site as i often do while brushing and the inside of the cheek near extraction has a few red spots. There are is a white spot. It doesnt hurt or look like puss. There is no swelling present

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote