View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 08:42 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Wendy,

How is the site feeling today?

It is important that the packing not stay in there for more than a couple of days as it will have no healing purpose and it's like leaving a wet bandade on a wound. Bacteria will set up house in the wound.

Never feel like you are being annoying when you require follow up care. It is their obligation to see this through and make sure that you have no complications. If they will not take care of you... then please see another oral surgeon to treat this properly. If the site does not heal well, you could end up with a permanent bacterial issue in that area of bone. So it is important that this be taken care of properly.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyShmendy View Post
I went to Boston Medical Center, which is a teaching hospital. They were super nice, but I feel like the aftercare is severely lacking.

They told me I wouldn't need to come back for another packing. I feel like this isn't the best advice, but I also don't want to be that annoying person that insists on coming in anyway. I'm just worried because it's such an open wound, with exposed bone.

I wish I could afford a different oral surgeon but this is really my only choice.

Thank you again, Bryanna. You are truly a wonderful person for helping so many people.

Hugs,
Wendy

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote