View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Endoscopy is an invasive procedure with risks. Dirty equipment in about 30% of uses! You can Google that for more info.

There is risk of damage to the throat and esophagus too.

So compared to the gluten free diet...which does not have these risks, I'd go the safe way for now.

We had a poster here who had repeated upper endoscopies and ended up with permanent nerve damage in his back.
His story is long, complex, but it seems to always come back for me to his diagnostic events. (my opinion). I did alot of searching for him, and if you read his other threads, the oldest ones, you'll find some links there I shared with him.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...424#post815424

Endoscopies are big money makers for doctors. Since there is really no drug therapy to get from doctors in the event of having a upper positive endoscopy for celiac (and there are false negatives too), and there is only the diet to follow, then you can do the diet anyway, and save your child from the invasive procedure. You can always have it done later if need be.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-31-2014)