Thread: Stress and PN
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mel and Brian,I am one of those people

who keep alot bottled up inside. the reason I do this is I realised, at least in my family situation (parents included), that talking about feelings got me absolutely nowhere.

So for years now I have learned to deal with my own feelings, and I do not discuss them. I also handle my career the very same way. I keep things bottled up. I am in many ways fearful of confrontation so I have self taught avoidance.

The most release and the most I have ever shared in the last 20 years is probably the 2 years I have been on this board.

Well back to my thoughts now. I think that when something really stressful,worrisome,shocking, scary, or happy is going on in my life, I tend to keep it to myself. But there are physiological changes going on inside my body during these times as my brain is trying to make sense of things.

I easily loose sleep, and my sleep cycle is delicate to begin with. I stay up late at nights thinking. My BP raises and tries to stay up. I get headches and my eyes hurt. I go off my food quite easily, and lastly my muscles start aching and I get spasms.

The body/mind connection is remarkable. Whatever seems to be going on in my head, be it good or bad although I am not discussing things with other family members, I am causing changes in my body that initially I am unaware of.

I think what happened with your son caused changes and altered your body chemistry in some way that set off your burning feet.

PS. I don't think anyone would judge you as to why you don't want Frank to move back in. First, it's your home. Secondly it's your son, and lastly it's your decision to make.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote