View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default In alot of pain!!! Please help

Hello all, new to the forum. I've been dealing with occipital neuralgia for the last 10 years of my life. And just about a year or so ago, i started having facial pain as well. I'm a 29yo guy who is expecting a baby boy this wednesday and i'm STILL unstable with this condition. Unsuccessful nerve blocks, had RFA last friday, on tegretol at this time but on low dose bc of zombieish feeling when at high dose.

I was pain free for the first 5 years while on an ssri antidepressant, then one day the pain just came back. i tried other antidepressants after but nothing worked longer than 6 months or so...gabapentin and lyrica seemed to work a little but made me sleepy and lethargic all the time. I am considering trying cymbalta bc i heard it helps for nerve pain also..does anyone else get the extreme dull pain, pressure, stiff/tight feeling, sometimes burning/stinging (occipital)? I have a full time job and its been really really hard to go to work with these symptoms and am expecting a son in 4 days!!! Please help!!!
Jeffb63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote