View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneczka View Post
I'm still undiagnosed for all practical purposes, so maybe I don't have PN but something else, maybe TOS.

Anyway: before my appointment with the neurologists at the university hospital here, which is due in 10 days, I wonder what I can do about my symptoms.

Those are: severe muscle wasting in both hands up to the elbows, cannot lift both thumbs, and pain, sometimes from stretching nerves (how to describe it? The nerves are just stretching and my fingers are moving involuntarily, or maybe nerves + tendons are doing it? Anyway, it's painful and scary. Those are not fasciculations, it's just something flexing and expanding under my skin. Not all the time, gratefully, but often enough to be scary. And another kind of pain, I believe muscle pain.

I take B12 methyl form, B1 300 mg, B complex and magnesium 120 mg (L-aspartate hydrochloride).

How to stop my hands from wasting? I believe I should be in a hospital now, it was just difficult to get that appointment.
With just ten days until appt, try not to do anything that would muddy the water(so to speak). That would mean new meds, chiropractic, accupuncture,etc. All I have as a suggestion is to drink lots of water. At one point, that helped me as I never had hydrated to the extent that is recommended. As for excercise, 10 days will not worth hurting yourself trying to build muscles that are not going to respond. I had large muscle wasting in the legs and buttocks. The wasting continued until it stopped and then slowly, repeat slowly began to reverse. You will have to be the judge of how much and what kind of excercise you need to do in the meantime. Stopping the wasting may be a function of things other than excersise. I hope that your appt can find an underlying condition and speed you toward treatment. I remember the need for speed as you see yourself growing worse and the worry that your world is crumbling. You are on the right track with the supplements and please continue to study about mitochondrial health as many people become aware that recovery may be in their own hands. Good luck Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aneczka (11-03-2014), baba222 (11-02-2014), hopeful (11-06-2014), Ken Koester (11-30-2014)