Thread: Scared silly
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 06:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Monday surgery

So I wrote a long response to Bryanna a few days ago but somehow it didn't get posted. Well, rather than doing it again I will just update. I finished the antibiotic Thursday and was supposed to have the extraction Friday but now it's tomorrow (Monday). When the OS say my x-rays he said there was no way to avoid a sinus perforation because the roots of that molar are completely inside the sinus. He said I should get the IV anesthesia and have it done Monday. I am glad he will put me out although now I am worried about the fasting. I can't eat after midnight and the extraction/surgery isn't until noon Monday and then I won't be able to eat because I will be numb and then I won't be able to eat because I will be bleeding. I am thinking I will faint if I have to go 24 hours without eating. I am very scared of how much bleeding and pain will be involved since i know ahead of time this is complicated with risk of complications. I don't think I've ever been this scared in my whole life. So I am asking everyone to pray for me tomorrow that it all goes smoothly. The OS said since I have had the sinus infections we will wait on doing the sinus lift/bone grafts. He doesn't know yet whether I will even be able to get an implant. He said there's only about 1 mm clearance. So before an implant or bridge, how does one chew when the main molar you chew with is missing?

Marie
MAM1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote