View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Jo, I have had a basic x-ray of the shoulder when I initially visited the ortho. I don't know if they were looking for an anomaly, but they must not have seen something too shocking because he was going to just send me to PT until I mentioned my other symptoms. Then he started to suspect TOS and we started diagnostic tests from there.

They told me this venogram is the last test they're going to do for TOS. If it's negative, the doctors will be scratching their heads because this seems to be the only lead they have. If it turns out that I have TOS, my ortho has told me he will be sending me to a vascular surgeon and I guess that's when the real stuff begins.

I should know by next Monday if all goes well.

As far as pain meds, I did get prescribed a muscle relaxer but it doesn't help and it makes me drowsy so I've stopped taking them. I'm very wary of pain pills because the few I've been put on through my brief 21 years have all knocked me out. I'm not very savvy on prescription pain meds, but is there one out there that may work and won't make me drowsy? Seems like a lose/lose otherwise. I either deal with the pain and stay away or take something to help with the pain and pass out.

I'll check out the stickies as soon as I have time. I've checked a few out, but not extensively since I'm currently in the middle of midterms. But having all of this information in one place is already proving to be a lifesaver.

Thanks so much. I'm trying to remain positive and hopeful that I won't need surgery. I'll definitely update what happens.
taybm20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote