View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default hi people

hi all my name is aaron.
I'm not much for typing or grammar so bear with me.
here's my storyround 2009 I started noticing. a little bit of shaking in my hands mostly left didn't realize at the time but it was due to weakness.i archery hunt so that's when I first noticed it.. went to the doctors about 2012 and I could still pull back my bow but no longer hit damn thing.due to severe shakinghe told me it was probably hereditary and that I shouldn't worry about it.. 2013 came around and I started having a hard time carrying around me son .. when he was about 6 months old.I couldn't muster up the strengthstrength to put him in his car seat 1 morning ..this is when I knew something was wrong went back to the doctor he referred me to a neurologist after a few visitsI knew the way he looked at me it wasn't good I already done some research myself you told me I should go to the University of Minnesota they diagnosed me with ALS in one visit went back to my previous neurologist he agreed and said that's why he sent me to the University of Minnesota he just wanted to be sure.. obviously it was not happy with this diagnosis and neither was my family my father insisted that I go to the Mayo Clinic very happy I did after a few days down there..I knew I was in great hands they have a very impressive system down there.. and anybody with mixed diagnosis or are unsure of what they have I don't care if you live in Texas make the trip to the Mayo Clinic..
they eventually diagnosed me with multifocal motor neuropathy. I went home and told my local neurologist the news he disagreed but humored me and changed his diagnosis and prescribed me IVIG treatments..my results at first we discouraging no real noticeable improvement for 3 months it was discouraging reading other people's success within 7 days noticing strength increases..during my first treatment I ended up getting meningitis which sucked..I had a severe headache the night before at my niece's birthday party after my second day of treatment ..I woke up the next morning my head was pounding and I couldn't roll over in bed because I didn't know which way I needed to go it was a pretty insane feeling figured it was time to go to the hospital yep meningitis..they changed the brandfrom gamma something to bivagam or something like that.they also give me a small dose of solumedrolaspirin and benadryl. haven't had a problem since its been over a year.. I've lost a lot of arm strength... I hand jars to my wife for her to open them for me.. my buddies typically open my beers for me. I've also lost a lot of strength in my lower back it's almost like I have back issues and I don't.. fatigue seems to be a problem muscle fatigue that is standing is more of a problem for me than walking not so sure why but I know its not normal..
does anybody else suffer from I guess you could say pain....almost like muscle aches caused by a flu type fever...with a certain amount of tightness were you constantly feel the need to stretch... I thought the easy fix would be hydration turns out does help a little bit but not enough to take away the frustration of achiness constant achiness..I'm not a big fan of taking pills muscle relaxers pain killers Exedra...every now and then I'll take tramadol..problem in that takes care of all my problems for the day but the next day I feel even worse then it takes me me 3 days to feel the way I felt before I took tramadol.. so not really worth it.. if I feel extremely tight I'll take a muscle relaxer before bed. seems to help..but like I said I don't really like taking them...so if anyone else has this issue I would like to hear about it and if they have a solution it seems to work for them I'm curious as to what it is..

during my IVIG treatments I've been anxiously waiting for someone to sit next to me that doesn't have MS and has something similar to what I have at least.. haven't run across to anybody yet so I guess that's why I'm here..anybody here from Minnesota?
mn aaron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote