View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Frown Speaking difficulties and awkward gait

I was hoping that some of you could better describe what kind of speaking difficulties you are experiencing. I'm also hoping to hear descriptions of your struggles with walking. Do you experience numbness, or just weakness?
I have had episodes of exhaustion and difficulties breathing for seven years. My doctors and I have always blamed it on asthma, vocal chord dysfunction and "weird pregnancy disorders" but my symptoms did not improve after my children were born.
Recently my symptoms have taken a sudden change for the worst. At initial onset all I could do was lay gasping for air with my eyes closed. Opening my eyes and dealing with the visual stimulus was exhausting in itself, making breahing more difficult. I desperately wanted to sit at the dinner table with my family and tried to walk the few steps to my chair, and I fell. My legs were weak and shaky and my movement was stuttered where sometimes it felt like my legs were delayed in getting the message that they were supposed to move. When I talked my throat felt strained and I stuttered occasionally with the feeling like something had pushed a pause button on my brain. It was also more labored to form the words with tired facial muscles. My symptoms are slowly resolving but I still tire very quickly and have a left leg that drags or stutters. My right leg is somewhat stronger and does not stutter. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have not seen a neurologist yet, but my GP thinks that MG is a likely cause. I have read a lot of posts but still have questions.
Sadiecl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote