View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bryanna, thank you for your response. I think you are right that I need to see someone else. I went in tonight to the same office as they are open late hours. I had excruciating pain that brought me to tears and was worried about infection. The assistant took an x-Ray which involved jamming a hard plastic piece directly into the painful site. Then the surgeon who was on duty came in the room with gloves on. He looked into my mouth with the overhead light from a foot away and said there was no problem. He said he couldn't touch me because his hands were dirty. The x-Ray showed no infection, but I still would have liked a closer inspection... He was extremely dismissive. When I pressed him with questions he brushed each one off. I asked why is my bone exposed and causing me pain- he said it will go away with time. I asked why the pain has suddenly gotten worse after feeling better and he said these things go through cycles. I asked why the site looks inflamed compared to the others and he said different extractions heal differently and that tooth was more impacted. I feel so stupid for even going in and wasting my time. I realize maybe there is nothing wrong and I just need to ride out this painful healing process, but I would be more reassured by a thorough evaluation and some detailed information. I am thankful there is no infection, but still wonder why the pain is so severe if everything is "fine". If it does not improve over this week I will find another dental practice to go to because this one is awful.
Memphis13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote