View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 02:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default gibbrn

Hi all not sure if you remember me has been a while since I posted.... couldnt find braintalk, but glad to be here now!

I had work injury nov1 2002 lifted a patient up from a toilet and injured neck and back .....tos dx by three diff doc's after getting out of the wsib system. was initially allowed wsib then dec 15 2003 they denied me once tos dx. I have since won the appeal and am now approved again wsib. it is more paperwork and fighting.....the usual you all know....

Had scalenectomy and 1st rib resection in July 2005. symptoms all went away until doing physio started in Oct 2006. They increased what I was doing and all symptoms came back....was off all my meds now back on many new ones....Lyrica, amitriptyline, diazepam, flexaril, axert.......tramacet for pain relief....yeah right.....lol

went to see surgeon this week and he said not tos my surgery would have fixed it if it was.....hmmmm guess he hasn't read the failure rate of TOS surgery. Still have vascular symptoms as well as neurogenic......is tos.....he is sending me to orthopedic and neurologist to see if other pathology....hello already done veinogram pre op dx is tos.....getting pi%$#E off any how long story short.......still fighting like hell for pain relief...oh and he said I have chronic pain syndorme!!!!!!!!!

Victoria rn