View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Should have expected it

Yesterday, I had another bad episode. I was again having trouble breathing, sitting in my lazy boy trying to rest so my breathing would ease,but "nature" called and I tried to walk to the lou and got so weak that I slid to the ground. I thought maybe I could crawl the rest of the way but then my arms gave out. I laid plastered to the ground unable to lift my head. I was so weak, i wasnt sure how much longer i could even keep breathing. My kids had to call an ambulance and family members. I laid on the floor waiting, and slowly started feeling a bit of strength return.
When I arrived at the hospital, the doc told me he could easily test for MG but then did a 180 and said they don't do that and I would have to see a neuro. I've already been waiting a week to hear back on a consult from him and will likely be months before I can get in. So, the ER doc ran a million unrelated blood tests and CT's which came back normal(as expected) he came in, informed me everything is normal and I am discharged. A nurse pushed around him and demanded I get up get dressed and go. I reminded her I couldn't walk and so she got me a wheel chair and pushed it up to me, wheels unlocked and stared at me. So getting a bit emotional, I said could you help me or would you like me to fall on my nose? She gave me as little help as possible, shoved discharge papers at me and told me to follow up with my doc in 7-10 days. Back home we were musing at the discharge papers that said to immediately call 911 if you experience difficulty breathing! It is laughable! Except its not funny
Sadiecl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (11-05-2014)