View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, hyperventilating is an emergency if you have MG! Oy. The inability to breathe is an emergency, too.

This is very explicit and will help.

http://glowm.com/lab_text/item/3

Below are some PDFs related to MG. They might be helpful—for the ER docs, too!

Blurry vision can actually be double vision! A neuro-ophthalmologist (not a regular one) can do specific tests that show you have fatigable ocular MG.

A pulmonologist is a great doctor to have on your team. I would highly recommend contacting one to get some breathing tests as soon as you can (if you can manage it!). Don't put yourself at risk, however, just to have some tests.

That's good that you have worked with neuros and know what they do or don't do. That hospital you went to should have a serious evaluation of their procedures!

Annie

I never answered your original question! Weird pregnancy disorders? That's almost funny. I have asthma and it is completely different than MG. Asthma is obstructive and MG is restrictive. Vocal cord dysfunction does not cause fatigable muscle weakness. Where's the critical and scientific thinking?

I can choke (on air when MG is bad), not be able to swallow, have liquids go up instead of down (up to my nose sometimes), dry mouth (lack of acetylcholine causes that), and feel as though my throat is tight (similar to an allergic reaction). BTW, Benadryl does the opposite of Mestinon and might make you worse if you have MG (if you have allergies).

Any skeletal muscle (640 of them) can be affected by MG and become weak. MG is considered a "top and down" disease because it often begins with face/head/neck muscles and progresses downward from there.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MGCrisisExtubation.pdf (73.1 KB, 3868 views)
File Type: pdf NMDiseaseCausingAcuteRespFailure.pdf (120.9 KB, 3867 views)
File Type: pdf NonInvasiveVentilation.pdf (76.9 KB, 3739 views)
File Type: pdf MGRespiratoryComplications.pdf (95.6 KB, 3921 views)
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote