View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 04:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Did you fast before your labs were drawn?

The things that jump out at me are your low cholesterol and high triglycerides. If you did not fast prior to the blood draw, that may explain the high Triglyceride. Many think the low cholesterol is a good thing. You may want to look further into that. The second link is focused on autism and cholesterol but towards the end it discusses the importance of cholesterol to good health.

Do you know what your vitamin D level is as well as folate? Did they check your homocysteine level?

Your creatine appears a bit high for your age but that may be a result of the exercise and protein/amino acid supplements. Hopefully you drink plenty of water. If you take a protein supplement, look at all the ingredients in it.

Are you on any other supplements with B12 in them? A high B12 is not a problem in of its self. But if you're not supplementing, you may want to explore that too. You may not be utilizing B12 properly. There are genetic mutations that can interfere with the methylation process.

Also consider trying to go gluten free (100%). Gluten/wheat may be contributing to your issues. At the same time, do stop all alcohol. There's a gluten/celiac group on this site so check there too.

It can take a long time to figure out what's going on so be patient.
I am not sure if they checked my homo-cysteine level. My D levels should be ok. I do between 2 and 5k at night with 400mg magnesium asporotate. I used to do a multi vitamin called Alive! for Men every day, but I stopped taking those a while back. I could be wrong, but it seems as though chromium picolinate makes me feel crazy and stressed out so I stopped taking the multi after experimenting with chromium p gel caps on their own.

I do work out fairly often at the gym and I do a protien shake at least once a day. They normally have amino profiles. I also do Vitamin Code Raw B Complex, but I've cut down to half serving of those recently and stopped taking them for a few weeks until recently. I will try to cut out gluten, although I'm not sure how one can do that completely very easily, especially for a picky eater such as myself. I stopped drinking alcohol about 3.5 weeks ago.
mtb2k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote