View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 04:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
A high B12 in the face of an almost out of range MCV (high)is a problem. You should have a lower MCV with that B12 result.
1) either you took vitamins with B12 in them when the test was run --and hence this would give a false elevation--so your result is rather meaningless....

2) or you cannot convert cyano form to methyl and the test is reading cyano floating around unconverted. This implies a MTHFR mutation in methylation and if so you cannot benefit from cyano B12 form because of this genetic flaw.

Your platelets are low normal. Hard to say if they are on the way down or up with just one test.

I'd take some fish oil or Krill oil to help lower those triglycerides.
About 3 a day of fish oil, or two Krill regular strength or one super Krill daily with food.

I'd look at your diet...eliminate sugars and junk carbs as much as you can. These irritate nerves and cause alot of grief. They lead to impaired glucose metabolism which leads to slow progressive nerve damage.

I would stop drinking alcohol if you do so now.

If you have the MTHFR mutation you will need methylfolate too, as both use the enzymes to add and activate both vitamins so they can work in the body for you. This genetic mutation is pretty common we know now, but most doctors do not test for it yet sadly.

Consider going gluten free for a while. Some nerve symptoms will occur with gluten intolerance. And also get some magnesium lotion (Morton Epsom Lotion) for muscle twitching and cramping. The nerves use magnesium to block pain signals from the NMDA receptors too, and also mag helps improve circulation to the feet and hands.

Are you on a statin, and is that why your cholesterol is low?
These drugs cause lots of nerve and muscle symptoms.
Do you take blood pressure medication? If so what type?
I was not surprised my B12 was high with some of the vitamins, protein and pre workout I do. The multi i was taking has extra b12, plus I was doing a b complex. The protein has an amino profile. The pre workout is called Amino Energy. 50mg of caffeine from green tea per small scoop (I only do half scoop) with some aminos mixed in.

I was drinking 1.5 bottles of wine once a week on Saturday. Nothing any other time of the week. I haven't drank for the past 3.5 weeks though. I take 400mg magnesium asporotate every night to help me sleep. Not sure if that is enough. I am not on a statin and have never been on any kind of meds. I used to take something called Beta Sitosterol because I thought it would be beneficial at my age but I stopped taking that a couple months ago.

I suspected a couple different things to cause my problems. The alcohol (maybe it also affected my liver), my neck (constant neck issues probably from stress and sitting too much), diet, or maybe all of them. My neck crackles inside when I look back and forth. I'm not sure if that's because muscles are always tense and pulling, but it has locked up in the past and it constantly feels under stress because that is where all of my stress energy seems to concentrate, back of neck and shoulders. Maybe that is the whole problem.
mtb2k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote