View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Memphis,

Thanks for posting the photos.

The left side looks like it's healing in spite of the huge hole which I'm sure extends more than you can see on the photo.

The right side looks angry and I think you have developed some canker sores which would contribute to some of the tenderness that you are having there. I also see the exposed bone.

You could see how it goes over the next 2 days and if the pain does not continue to diminish or you develop other symptoms.... get in to see an oral surgeon. I would not suggest that you go back to the original dentist office as they did not treat you properly.

If you end up having to call a new oral surgeon, just tell the receptionist that you need a consult with the dentist for "lower wisdom tooth pain". Give as little information as possible. The goal is to get an appointment.

For what it's worth.... that receptionist should not have turned you away. Legally she cannot do that. If she worked under my supervision, she would be fired.

I think you will continue to have tenderness and soreness for quite some time. But the deep pain should lessen every day if the sight is healing.

I'm sorry you are going through this..... hang in there.

Keep us posted.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis13 View Post
Thank you so much for the information and support. I called an oral surgeon who was recommended to me today and the receptionist told me he does not like to "step on toes" and I should continue to pursue treatment with the surgeon who removed the teeth. She also said the bone is probably dry socket and said they should have packed it and if I am really unhappy to call the insurance. The problem is I do not trust the dentists at my practice and I am genuinely anxious. The failed attempt at a second opinion was pretty discouraging though and even a family member thinks I could be overthinking it, so I don't know. I feel paranoid! Thankfully the pain today has not been excruciating, just a steady pain through my jaw. I'm going to be a weirdo and post a couple pictures. Maybe you will be able to tell me something from them Bryanna? The lower left socket is a big hole, very deep and hard to clean out but not too painful anymore. The lower right socket seems almost closed but tender to the touch and painful, with bone visible. The socket where the tooth came out is actually below where the bone is, behind the molar.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote