View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 11:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Needing help over court matter

Hi,
I'm not sure if I have posted this here before or not, if I have I can't find it and sorry to repeat.

Last year I was convicted of a crime I did not do, I was sent to prison for 3 months. I have RSD and Fibromyalgia, I did not receive any medical care and was put upstairs in a top bunk, both of which I cannot do. Once I got home I was then ordered to do 1000 hours of community service. I cannot do this. I am on SSI because I cannot work outside the home. The stress, doctors appointment, probation appointments and court hearings has me in excruciating pain to where I went from marginally functioning to barely able to care for myself now. I have a house (with issues), land, a husband and 3 young adult kids to take care of.

The prosecutor does not want to accommodate my disability, he said he didn't care if I sat along the side of the road in a lazy boy chair with a sign saying men at work. I have tried to explain that the pain is more than just mobility, it's a struggle for me just to get out of bed certain days, and this isn't even discussing what winter does to me.

My attorney has known of my disability since he took my case, my appellate attorney has known also, however, neither of them have the guts to stand up to the judges or the prosecutor and say hey, she can't do it. The appellate attorney has filed to have my sentence reduced, but not once mentioned I was disabled and unable to do this, just that I was 44 years old when charged and was charged only after helping a person in need. But none the less, I am getting no where but getting sicker and sicker every week.

So, now it comes down to this. I have told them all I am disabled, now they want proof that I can't do it. My doctor is not being any help either, he is not wanting to write anything about limitations a person with RSD/Fibromyalgia has. So I don't know what to do. I have reached out to RSD Org and they sent the prosecutor, probation officer and my attorney a letter stating what limitations come with this and a very long letter. However the prosecutor and probation could care less. I don't know what else to do. My marriage is now falling apart and my kids and husband are now resenting me because I either do nothing at home so I can do community service, or I don't do community service so I can do things at home and I'm facing having my probation revoked.

Can you tell me how I can get my doctor to give the court what my limitations are? I am very limited in everything I do. I stay in my comfort zone to be able to function and I have not been in the zone in about 2 years. My doctor also does not want to give me Hydrocodone anymore so that's not helping either.
Thanks
misspainsomuch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote