View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa14 View Post
Hey Merlin~
So He got the botox today, said it wasn't too painful, no side effects so far. Neurologist said it would be 2 days to 2 weeks to see any results. So we keep our hopes up and fingers crossed that this is his cure! Deans shunt is adjusted by magnet too but neurologist said this would not effect it. I thought that kinda strange as well. well thanks merlin, I wish you all the luck at your up coming appt.
Hey Lisa and Dean
Well, not to sound rude or insulting but Dean you're one lucky bugger having little to no pain, mine stung HUGELY, brought on a huge pounder of a headache afterwards, that lasted 2 days.
I'm jealous I do admit that eventually there was some reduction in the pain at the back of my head, which lasted a couple of months, but the pressure/pain behind my eyes remained. Since then though the full blown headaches have returned. I was told by the n.s. that the shots were 4 monthly, so now I wait.
The patient just before me came out of the surgery saying she could feel the benefit straight away, which I was real hopeful about. But the n.s. also told me 2days to 2weeks, mine took about 4 days. The n.s. said to that some patients have a bit of a placebo effect and this may have been why that particular patient stated she had an immediate effect.
Hope you get a decent long term relief. I have heard of some really good results from the treatment for some people. Hope you are one of them

Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote