Old 11-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne721 View Post
Hi lurkingforacure,

I am fairly new to this forum and pd. I was diagnosed about 9 months ago and am currently not taking any pharmaceuticals. I have some problems with coordination (typing, writing, brushing teeth) but my most bothersome symptom is tremor in hands and left leg. I have been taking 1tsp of mucuna powder stirred into applesauce two or three times a day for several weeks now and notice no difference in my symptoms. What exactly is happening for you when the mucuna "hits so well"? What symptoms are being relieved?

Any info is greatly appreciated,

Joanne
you have to keep in mind that lurking is also taking carbidopa/levodopa (sinemet) and the carbidopa inactivates an enzyme which converts the l-dopa to dopamine before it reaches the brain, thus allowing more l-dopa to get to the brain.

so she can theoretically get a greater affect from mucana than someone not taking carbidopa.

on a slightly different topic, have you tried sinemet? it won't kill you and at least you'll know if it works or not and you should know in a few days. then add some mucana and see what happens.

if you are sacrificing quality of life because you are afraid of taking sinemet, not sure if that makes sense. just my honest opinion. and if vigorous exercise turns out to slow progression, you'll miss out on that.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (11-06-2014), Drevy (11-07-2014), lab rat (11-06-2014), Tupelo3 (11-06-2014)