View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne721 View Post
Hi Soccertese -- Thanks for your response. I did try Sinemet twice. Once for only 4 days at 25/100 x3. It made me nauseous and did not affect my tremor so the DR recommended I try it again at 1/2 a pill 3 times a day for at least a week. I did and although I wasn't nauseous, again it had no affect on my tremor or anything else that I could tell (I'm a little uncoordinated).

I also tried Requip for a week. I felt headachy, dizzy and generally blah and again no affect on my tremor. I still shook -- I just felt sick while doing it.

I'm 55 and generally quite active. I exercise every day -- ride my bike at least 5 miles or walk briskly at least two miles. I also do yoga. Exercise makes me feel good but exacerbates my tremor -- stupid tremor just won't quit!

I researched Mucuna and thought I'd read somewhere that it didn't require carbidopa to get to the brain so I thought I'd give it a shot. Does everyone who has found Mucuna helpful also take sinemet? What symptoms do you have that are relieved? How much sinemet and/or mucuna are you taking? Is it a concern if you take both sinemet and mucuna that you will over medicate? I feel like I'm swimming in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight.

I met a man at a local PWP support group who has had tremor for 10 years and nothing, including sinemet, seems to help. I'm worried this is where I'm headed.

Joanne
if sinemet isn't helping i doubt mucana is going to help. i'm not an expert on mucana, tried it instead of pharmaceuticals when i was first diagnosed and later on as an adjunct to sinemet but stopped it since sinemet worked ok and i didn't get any better symptom relief from mucana. i don't have tremor so can't give you any advice there, it is the symptom most resistant to medication. i assume you got a 2nd opinion and you don't have essential tremor?
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote