View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 02:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thing is, my attorney and my probation officer both told me to call the places in which I can do community service and tell them what my limitations are, I have done that, they all have said they have nothing for a person with my limitations to do. I did, through my probation officer get on place I can do something at. All I can do is 1-1 1/2 hours a week. My probation officer said that is not enough, my attorney said do what I can, so I have. Since I have started I've been trying to juggle doing what a mom, homeowner, and wife is supposed to do. I have been laid up now for 2 weeks. I can't do both. Now my husband is yelling at me constantly that he has to pick up the slack of what I cannot do at home, he says he should not have to work 2 jobs come home and cook, do laundry, do dishes, etc. So when I said I have land, a home, husband and children to take care of that means, if I do community service I can't take my kids that don't drive where they need to go, I can't stay on top of bills, I can't cook, I can't clean, I can't cut the grass, etc. And no my kids barely do anything, the court has taught them they don't have to, very long story. The only one that does help me is my youngest who is 17 and he has Aspergers on top of that. He is beginning to resent his father, brother and sister for having everything placed on him to help with everything that I normally do. No one in my house does anything except him and me and now my chores that I do are being placed on top of his chores and it's not fair.

I have asked for restitution as my sentence is community service in lieu of restitution. My husband was sentenced to, but since I was set up they were out after me, since he would not testify against me as the prosecutor asked him to do we feel they punished him with a conviction also.

So even though Social Security says I am too disabled even for a sedentary job, seems to me that should be enough. I have contacted the ACLU and they are interested and want to talk to me but we are having a difficult time getting to that point while I am still going to hearings.

Thanks for your reply.
misspainsomuch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (11-06-2014), zookester (11-06-2014)