View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 02:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through.

If it were me...I would focus on working with the courts on the types of community service. My experience when dealing with limitations and restriction (in my case with work) is that it is much more helpful to focus on the things you CAN do instead of just saying, "I can't do that." You are probably already doing this...but I would continue to really push and offer solutions for the community service. You will likely need a flexible schedule, short increments of time, accommodations wherever you do the community service (walker, chair, no lifting, etc...whatever YOUR needs are) for your disability, etc. Maybe there's somewhere that you could help answer phones, or do paperwork at a desk...I'm sorry that I'm not more familiar with the options that would be open to you...but you may get a much better response from the court if you take that approach instead of insisting that you can't do anything. Your doctor may also be more open to assisting you if it's to confirm your need for such accommodations vs a blanket letter stating what your limitations are.

I wish the best for you in this situation and hope you are able to get things sorted out quickly so you can be rid of all this additional stress (which is obviously making your medical conditions worse on top of everything else). Take care.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zookester (11-06-2014)